VoIP & Telecom Specialists
Since 1988 804-266-6600
Interesting Verizon Virginia tariffs
- You have just 30 days to dispute a bill.
- Deposits = 2 months of service.
- Verizon is only liable for damages equal to the service that failed.
- You don't own your telephone number. Your carrier owns it.
- You can't have your service disconnected if you don't pay your yellow pages
advertising bill but it will be disconnected if you don't pay for your
- Verizon can disconnect your service if you "use foul or profane language" on
Cost reduction tips
- Use message or measured rate lines unless you make over 380 local outgoing calls per
line in your hunt group. Then switch to flat rate.
- Eliminate sentry maintenance plans and learn to test dial tone from your
- Make sure your credit card dials an 800 number, not a local number
so as to avoid message units.
- Fax lines should be on measured rate service, not message rate
General Tips for small businesses
- Always get a name, callback number, order number and due date for anything
you do with Verizon.
- Don't schedule service on Fridays.
- PIC = long distance code & LPIC = regional long distance. Make them the
- If your long distance does not work, dial 1010333 + number. Sprint will bill
for the call.
- VDOT won't advertise a merchant on highway signs if the merchant does not
have payphones (or free phones)
- City of Richmond ranks as one of the highest utility tax areas in the US at
- An analog home phone would work as a replacement to Alexander
Graham Bell's first 1890 phone. Consider digital lines at your business.