Cost for a Infotel Systems Utility Maintenance Plan
- One time setup fee and possible equipment fee.
- 7% of your recurring voice & data service charges per month.
Provided Services of the Utility Maintenance Plan
- Remote, real-time voice & data circuit monitoring.
- Upon circuit failure, we report to the carrier and advise you via your cell phone.
- Sporadic circuit failures can predict a total failure. If we see sporadic circuit failures, we may schedule a circuit "stress test" or call you to discuss.
- We will help you invoke the pre-arranged utility backup scenario.
- No charges from us for managing the carrier repair.
Carrier Service Down Repair Method
- When we detect the error, we open a ticket with the carrier and then advise you. Please get the carrier ticket number and the Infotel ticket number from us when called.
- We will work with you to coordinate your backup scenarios.
- We require you to follow up with carrier periodically for status. We do not provide "hourly reports" as this takes away from our repair efforts.
- All carrier communications are tracked in our service system.
- You are contacted when your service is restored.
Available Optional Service Restore Plans
- Verizon Card or Clearwire modem for Internet.
- Forward of service to cell phones.
- Answering of service in our data center with msgs forwarded to you via email.
Available Circuit Down Alarms
- Sound an alarm in your telephone room at your carrier provided equipment.
- Send alert condition to your telephone display.
- Email you.
Network Interface Device (NID)
Carrier Duties: Carrier Service, telephone poles, utility drop to NID & possible extended demarcation (demarc) point.
Optional Services: Inside Wiring Maintenance Plan Covers the carrier's cost to restore carrier service due to cabling defects beyond the carrier's "Network Interface"
Vendor duties: Cabling from NID or extended demarc to communications equipment, inside cabling, programming.
Optional Services: Outside Utility Maintenance Plan. Covers our expense to monitor, diagnose, report and effect repairs in carrier service.
If you do not know what a Network Interface Device (NID) is or how to test your home telephone service at the NID, please click here for a video.